These words mean and remember their origins in each other, each produced by the other, each is equal to the other. In the Black Atlantic, in the Black Pacific, in the Black Mediterranean, cartography is catastrophe, catastrophe is cartography. Each contributor as academics, as poets, as artists will dwell on the movement—symbolized by the double colon-between these concepts.
DIONNE BRAND: Maps
CHRISTINA SHARPE: Proximity
- Christina Sharpe Proximity [text]
- Torkwase Dyson, Strange Fruit (He/She), 2015 [image]
- Aerial view of the National Memorial for Peace and Justice, Alamy Stock Photo [image]
- Aerial View of Stone’s Throw Landfill, Tallassee Alabama, from Google Earth. [image]
- ‘We’re not a dump’ – poor Alabama towns struggle under the stench of toxic landfills [multimedia]